Tuesday 30 June 2020

Revision + Google Educator - DFI Session 9

What a whirlwind of a journey this course has been. 
Lot's of content to reflect on from over the past 9 weeks. Today's post is mainly going to be a reflection of it all. 

Due to Covid-19 this year has given us a great opportunity to refelt on our readiness for ubiquitous learning... 

A^3 - Anytime, Anywhere & Any pace

I am proud of the way I had set up my class site at the beginning of the year. It was clear and easy to navigate. Because we had been using the class site from Term 1 the children were so familiar with it and knew know to independently access their learning. 

I regret not covering enough on being a smart learner by showing the Kawa of Care. I regret not exploring the Gdrive throughout the year.

I will be incorporating features of Gdrive from Term 1 to familiarise the children with it. 

The DFI sessions have definitely had a positive impact on me. Although I had already been using many of the digital tools, the DFI was a good reminder of the vast variety of functions embedded in behind the scenes. I have walked away from every session with new learnings and ways to practically embed features into my existing program. I enjoyed having a smaller bubble to help breakdown content. It gave everyone a chance to speak and share. 

If I was to choose a highlight it would be the Google Keep app. Check out my previous post when first learnt about it. It has definitely become an integrated app in my workflow. 
I also enjoyed the Hapara Hot Tips section. A few features I've never used have been introduced to me.

Overall very content with the PD. I walk away feeling like I have gained an abundance of tricks and skills. I have also learned more about the Manaiakalani pedagogy and Kaupapa. 

A massive thank you to everyone who was involved in putting the content all together and of course all the facilitators. 

No comments:

Post a Comment